In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, many firms have implemented voluntary or mandatory the work from home practice for employees. While some may be used to this, others may feel lost as it’s an unusual challenge: working from home for the first time, full time.
Here are some tips to make the most, at both getting your work done and at maintaining your mental well-being
- Get Dressed –simple act of changing clothes serves as a signal that it’s time to wake up and get things done. It leaves you ready to connect with client anytime
- Designate a workspace - Confine your work space to a specific area in your home so your job doesn’t intrude into the lives of other family members and you can concentrate
- Go to the same designated place on a regular basis so your mind doesn’t wander, you can focus and increase your productivity
- Plan workflow - Plan your work before you start the day. Have a task list or target sheet in front of you. Prioritize your projects and schedule time slots including buffer time in between to cater for contingencies like unforeseen work calls and new tasks received from your manager
- Keep clearly defined working hours - You’ll get your best work done and be most ready to transition back to the office if you stick with your regular hours. Plus, if your role is collaborative, being on the same schedule as your coworkers makes everything much easier
- Have a schedule on your Calendar - Stay committed to your timings and deliverables. Avoid home chores or personal appointments during working hours except during scheduled breaks
- Don’t Get Too Sucked in by the News—or Anything Else - Distraction is one of the big challenges for people who work from home—especially people who aren’t used to it. Good to set timers for any breaks you take
- OverCommunicate – The key to steering through obstacles and bottle necks is prioritizing communication. And you don’t have to stick with only text-based communication, prefer to call your colleagues on video or chat with them for routine queries instead. Tell everyone who needs to know about your schedule and availability often
- Balance your life by establishing boundaries to protect your personal life from work that may creep into it
- Keep Socializing – Continue to talk with your colleagues and friends in your free time. These little interactions go a long way
Overall Keep an Empowered Attitude. Above all, be creative and don't let your confined circumstances dwarf your tranquility, happiness or productivity.
We at eVenturers embrace these tips to be of best services during work from home.
To get your projects executed in an efficient manner through our remote team contact us